CONFLICT MANAGEMENT/PERSONAL SAFETY
INCLUDING (BREAKAWAY TECHNIQUES)
Duration: One Day
What does the course event cover?
This one – day course event will help delegates’ to be able to:
- Observe and recognise the early warning signs of aggression
- Communicate and demonstrate their interpersonal and resolution skills effectively via role – play scenarios
- Identify various types of legislation and regulations that underpin violence at work, and understand the term and use of ‘reasonable force’
- Determine within their own organisation, internal departmental recording forms e.g. accident book B1510 and Threat to Personal Safety Form. Also the external reporting and recording forms covered by the Reporting and Recording of Incidents Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (2013) e.g. familiarise with the F2508 Form (HSE RIDDOR) recording form
- Learn and demonstrate with practical interventions of using self-defence strategies, how to physically break away from a personal aggressive encounter or situation, This would be a last resort if all other interventions or de-escalation strategies were unsuccessful
Please note that this course is run by an Associate of Coast Risk Management.
Call 01723 381900 for more details.