Every employer must make sure that anyone who is liable to disturb asbestos during their normal work, or who supervises those employees, gets the correct level of information, instruction and training so that they can work safely and competently without risk to themselves or others.
The course is aimed at those who need to be aware of asbestos in a workplace situation, the course has been developed using HSE guidance and is useful for those making a CHAS application.
Coast Risk Management provides a comprehensive course that covers:
- Health and Safety legislation including the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- the properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of developing lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke
- the types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos materials in buildings and plant
- the general procedures to deal with an emergency, e.g. an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace
- how to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos
This course is not aimed at workers who are involved with disturbing and removing asbestos, in those situations an advanced course is required see www.ukata.org.uk for more information.
If you require more information on asbestos awareness or to discuss your requirements in more detail, please call: 01723 381900, email: email@example.com, use ‘Request Callback' to the right, or click the online enquiry button below.